Do video games cause violence? Take this further...
testing Do video games cause violence? By now, you know there are lots of answers to this question! If this has inspired you to come up with some responses of your own, here are some suggested subjects you could study at a university like Oxford.
- Geography is a diverse discipline that bridges the arts and social and natural sciences, providing a broad education and addressing pressing issues including environmental change, regional and global inequalities and the transformation of global economy and culture. Students obtain a coherent view of the rapidly changing world and the ways in which society influences and is influenced by it. Find out more.
- Human Sciences
- Human Sciences studies the biological, social and cultural aspects of human life, and provides a challenging alternative to some of the more traditional courses offered at Oxford. The school was founded in 1969 in recognition of the need for interdisciplinary understanding of fundamental issues and problems confronting contemporary societies. Central topics include the evolution of humans and their behaviour, molecular and population genetics, population growth and ageing, ethnic and cultural diversity and the human interaction with the environment, including conservation, disease and nutrition. The study of both biological and social disciplines, integrated within a framework of human diversity and sustainability, should enable the human scientist to develop professional competencies suited to address such multidimensional human problems. Find out more.
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology has been defined as the science of mental life and its scope includes a wide variety of issues. It addresses such questions as: How do we perceive colours? How do children acquire language? What predisposes two people to get on with each other? What causes schizophrenia? Find out more.
These are just some ideas, and if you are considering Higher Education you should carefully weigh up your options to choose the course and university that are right for you! You could try further suggested reading and resources.
Do video games | cause violence?Vote now
- Poor behaviour 'linked to time spent gaming not types of games'
- Should video games be treated like other other forms of creative arts?
- Game On with Grandad
- Game on – can video games make your brain level up?
- Tetris…and other surprising ways to help emergency workers cope with trauma
- Do video games cause violence? Take this further...